Preparation for a university degree at a reduced cost
Start immediately on one of more than 40 online programs
PathwayConnect is a one-year, reduced-cost online program that prepares students to start or finish a degree by building spiritual confidence and teaching foundational academic skills. After PathwayConnect, students can apply their course credits toward a degree at the same lower price.
Whether students first start with PathwayConnect or jump right into their degree program, they can choose from nearly 40 online certificates and degrees offered through a partnership with BYU-Idaho. Certificate and degree programs are available in the areas of business, technology, familiy studies, and professional studies.
Starting with PathwayConnect might be the best way to start your degree if you fit one or more of these criteria:
Bypassing Pathway Connect and starting directly into a degree program might be best for you if you fit the following criteria:
- Worried about affordability
- Been away from college for a long time, or haven't started yet
- Seeking to develop foundational academic skills
- Desire additional support from peers
- Previously taken university courses
- Experience with online learning
- Confident in academic ability
- Ready to go right into your degree
PathwayConnect Application Instructions
Congratulations on your decision to apply to BYU-Pathway Worldwide’s PathwayConnect program! (If you have previously completed one or more courses in PathwayConnect, do not begin a new application. Instead, complete the Returning Student form.)
- Log In: You will be asked to log in with a Church Account. If you don’t have a Church Account, click “Register for a Church Account” on that page.
- Personal Information: Ensure your personal information (such as address, phone number, and email) are accurate, and make any updates needed.
- Placement Questions: You will be asked a series of short questions to assess your eligibility to participate in PathwayConnect.
- English Assessment: Your answers to some of the Placement Questions will determine if you need to take an English language assessment. (Typically required of non-native English speakers.)
- Weekly Gathering: If you meet eligibility requirements, you will then be asked to select an option for your weekly PathwayConnect gathering.
- Accept Your Offer: If you qualify to enroll in PathwayConnect, the final step in your application process will be to accept your offer of admission.
You will be redirected to an external page to complete your application.
This is a shared application with all other schools in the Church Educational System. Because of this, parts of the application may be confusing. Therefore, we highly recommend that you download and read our Application Guide, and use it while completing your application.View Application Guide Begin Application