The following are the minimum requirements for acceptance into online degree programs from BYU-Idaho and Ensign College, which are supported and serviced by BYU-Pathway Worldwide. Students who do not meet these requirements may consider enrolling in BYU-Pathway's
New Freshman and transfers with fewer than 24 transfer credits
- Minimum High School GPA: 2.0
- Minimum ACT score: 16
- Minimum SAT score: 770 if taken prior to March 2016. If taken March 2016 or later, Minimum SAT Score: 890
Transfer Students with 24 or more credits graded (including "F" grades and "pass/fail" grades)
- Minimum college GPA: 2.0
- Minimum BYU-Idaho or Ensign College GPA of 2.0
BYU-Pathway Worldwide PathwayConnect Students Applying to either Online or On-campus
- Minimum PathwayConnect GPA of 3.0
If English is your second language, you must meet the following English Proficiency Requirements (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE). This does not apply to students who have completed BYU-Pathway's PathwayConnect, or who have earned 15+ credits at BYU, BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, or LDS Business College/Ensign College.
If you do not meet minimum English requirements, consider enrolling in
Required scores on proficiency tests:
|USE OF ENGLISH||N/A||N/A||N/A||169|
Send official English proficiency exam scores to CES Admission Services; B-226 ASB; Provo, UT 84602For more information about the English test options, click
The following requirements also apply to students desiring admission to online degree programs from BYU-Idaho and Ensign College, supported and serviced by BYU-Pathway Worldwide.
- Endorsement: Students must meet minimum standards of worthiness as verified by an endorsement from a local bishop/branch president and stake/district president.
- Tuition: All tuition balances must be fully paid at any school previously attended
- Crime: Any previous criminal activity must be fully resolved. (Depending upon the severity of the crime, admittance to online degree programs may still be denied even after all legal obligations have been resolved.)