BYU-Pathway Worldwide and its partners have a generous transfer credit policy. Because the degrees we offer are granted by BYU-Idaho and Ensign College, requests to transfer credits are facilitated through those schools.
Transfer credit process
Courses taken from other colleges and universities are evaluated for transfer credit in the following ways:
- Preferred Path: Students who start a degree with the
preferred pathbegin with PathwayConnect. Previously earned credits are evaluated for transfer after a student completes the foundational courses associated with PathwayConnect.
- Advanced Path: Students who start a degree with the
advanced pathbypass PathwayConnect and will have their previously earned credits evaluated for transfer by the institution granting their certificate or degree.
See the section below for how transfer credits are evaluated.
Official transcripts should be sent from previously attended colleges and universities by the application deadline. Information on how to submit transcripts can be found inside the application when you apply, or by contacting
Transfer credit evaluation is conducted by either BYU-Idaho or Ensign College
- If a direct match to a course can be found, the transfer credits will be listed on the student’s official Transfer Course Evaluation Report sent by email.
- Only transfer courses from a regionally-accredited institution with a grade of C- or higher will be accepted.
- Although transfer credits can be used to fulfill course graduation requirements, they will not be calculated into a student’s grade point average (GPA). Only courses taken through BYU-Pathway Worldwide and its partners will factor into GPA.
- Courses from universities outside the United States that do not have a direct match to a course will not be transferred for credit consideration. English classes taken from a university outside of the United States will not be accepted as meeting English course requirements.
PathwayConnect credits & transcripts
Credits earned in BYU-Pathway's PathwayConnect academic courses count toward a student’s online degree as elective credits. Religion courses taken online count as religion credits. Religion courses taken through institute also count as religion credit if the courses taken have a direct equivalent to a BYU-Idaho or Ensign College religion course (depending on which school a student's chosen degree comes from).
Students may request official PathwayConnect transcripts by logging in to their
- Have a letter grade of A through C- or a pass (P) grade.
- Have a direct equivalent to a BYU-Idaho or Ensign College religion course (depending on which school a student's chosen degree comes from).
These credits do not impact the student’s GPA.
To submit institute transcripts for transfer credit evaluation, submit:
- Via mail directly from the institute you attended to email@example.com
- Via mail directly from the institute you attended to the following address: CES Admissions Processing, B-226 ASB, Provo, UT 84602