The advanced marriage and family functioning certificate provides students with a basic understanding of the theory and research related to healthy relationships. Students will also develop skills related to communication, advocacy, and money management.
This certificate is offered by BYU-Idaho, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Communicate effectively in writing regarding marriage and family.
- Create practical plans for improving marriage and family functioning.
- Synthesize relevant research findings pertaining to marriage and family.
- Effectively advocate for marriage and family through persuasive speaking.
- Social and human service assistant
- Juvenile services
- Childcare worker/teacher
- Psychiatric technician
- Case aide
Or, search for jobs requiring the skills obtained, such as writing, problem solving, and persuasive speaking.
Why choose this certificate?
The advanced marriage and family functioning certificate emphasizes the development of employable skills, such as professional writing, problem-solving, synthesizing research, basic data analysis, and persuasive speaking and writing. These skills can help students obtain employment in a variety of interpersonal settings, such as human and family services. The advanced marriage and family functioning certificate will also provide students with a broad understanding of healthy marital and family functioning.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a