The auto services technology certificate provides students with marketable skills in automotive operation, maintenance, and diagnosis and repair to be taken to the workplace or applied to an automotive degree.
This certificate is offered by BYU-Idaho, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operation of automotive systems and components.
- Apply logical processes to diagnose mechanical and electrical faults.
- Use correct procedures for quality repair and maintenance.
- Demonstrate professionalism and integrity on teams.
- Show proficiency with professional certification exams.
- Automobile Repair Technician
- Service Advisor
Why choose this certificate?
Training in auto services technology will give you the experience in automotive repair and maintenance needed for this highly technical field. It will also improve your ability to locate, inspect and remove auto parts, identify electrical or other issues, and prepare you with the certification exam skills and teamwork needed to hold employment in the automotive industry. You will be qualified to maintain and service vehicles, and conduct business with customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a