The business and leadership skills certificate is designed prepare students for front-line supervisory positions requiring more analytical, cross-functional, and leadership abilities.
This certificate is offered by BYU-Idaho, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Create professional spreadsheets to visualize and solve business problems.
- Measure the financial and ethical performance of a business by analyzing financial statements and related disclosures.
- Manage an online-simulated business, focusing on making data-driven management decisions.
- Learn to lead change within an organization through motivation, organizational design, communication, decision making, and team/group behavior.
- Provide marketing insights and recommendations to management using consumer research, consumer segmentation, segment targeting and product positioning, new product development, marketing strategy, branding, pricing, and distribution.
- Team lead (customer service, social media)
- Account supervisor (sales)
- Assistant manager (retail, marketing)
- Shift supervisor (hotels, operations, production)
Why choose this certificate?
Business and leadership skills will prepare you with the organizational, management, and communication skills needed to effectively facilitate change and improvement within any organization. These will lead you to improved decision making, strategic planning, and collaboration for business and leadership pursuits.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a