The commercial fundamentals certificate provides useful business skills in Excel and other Microsoft applications, sales, social media, and communication. In addition, students develop an understanding of how to use spreadsheets to create and monitor simple financial statements in a small business setting.
This certificate is offered by BYU-Idaho, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Create professional spreadsheets using advanced functionality to visualize and solve business problems.
- Understand and manage the accounting cycle and cash flow of a small business.
- Design and launch a social media campaign to promote a business.
- Improve sales in organizations through persuasive selling skills, including finding, asking questions, highlighting features and benefits, overcoming objections, negotiating and closing, and service after the sale.
- Improve workplace communication by applying non-verbal, listening, relationship-building, public speaking, persuasion, and other interpersonal communication skills.
- Customer service representative
- Account manager
- Sales position
- Marketing assistant
Why choose this certificate?
Commercial fundamentals training will give you the experience and tools to understand the finances and improve the sales of small businesses, create effective social media campaigns and organizational spreadsheets, and improve communication through negotiation, collaboration, listening and persuasion.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a