The computer support certificate is designed to develop skills for students seeking employment in the technical support field, which is the most common entry-level job in information technology. This certificate will develop skills in computer applications, hardware, desktop support, networking, and communication.
This certificate is offered by BYU-Idaho, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Create professional spreadsheets using advanced functionality to visualize and solve business problems.
- Identify and describe the function of key hardware in a desktop or laptop computer.
- Design and configure a basic corporate network, identifying the key hardware and infrastructure devices needed to connect systems together.
- Identify and configure basic security settings to protect a workstation or server.
- Define and configure key security policies for a corporate network.
- Troubleshoot basic networking and system configuration problems.
- Demonstrate professional communication.
- IT support positions in small and large corporations
- IT support for business process outsourcing companies
Why choose this certificate?
The computer support engineer learns hands-on skills needed for successful software installations and maintaining computer hardware. Additional projects will increase your experience and expertise such as troubleshooting, active directory, and understanding operating systems.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a