The construction field supervision certificate prepares current construction craftspeople to assume construction supervisory responsibilities. In order to start this certificate, students must have at least three years experience in a construction field.
This certificate is offered by BYU-Idaho, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Utilize construction documents, such as drawings and specifications.
- Create and use construction budgets.
- Manage people, time, and equipment in the construction environment.
- Plan and carry out work in a safe manner.
- Schedule work and manage productivity through the Critical Path Method.
- Construction crew supervisor
- Construction project supervisor
- Construction estimator
- Construction scheduler
Why choose this certificate?
Studying construction field supervision prepares students with existing construction experience to increase their leadership ability. Field supervisors monitor the performance of the staff and can be involved in engineering, safety, budgeting, construction, or building and landscaping maintenance.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a