The graphic design fundamentals certificate provides a foundation in the skills of visual design, typography, and conceptual design skills. There is a focus on addressing the needs of the target audience through research and user testing to assess the effectiveness of a design solution.
This certificate is offered by BYU-Idaho, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Follow a design process that leads to consistent effective results.
- Set typography with clear hierarchy that makes content more readable.
- Make images that clearly communicate ideas and information to others.
- Use industry-standard design software to efficiently complete design work.
- Prepare design files that are production-ready.
- Junior Production Artist
- Design Assistant
- Junior Graphic Designer
- Marketing Production Artist
Why choose this certificate?
Graphic design training will infuse your portfolio with creative products and familiarity with web and online design, illustratration, photography, and typography tools and systems. These skills will assist you in your strategic and creative endeavors, and your experience with social media, Adobe design products, Photoshop, and other brands will add to your marketable experience.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a