The certificate in hospitality and tourism management is designed to prepare students for employment in hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, and other related businesses, and to help them progress from entry level positions to supervisory roles.
This introductory certificate is offered by both Ensign College and BYU-Idaho, with
- Ensign College: For students who completed PathwayConnect but never enrolled in an online degree program. (The information below is related to the Ensign College version of this certificate.)
- BYU-Idaho: Students who did not participate in or complete PathwayConnect, or students who are currently enrolled in an online degree program through BYU-Idaho. (Click
hereto view the BYU-Idaho version of this certificate.)
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Improve customer service and build relationships in the hospitality industry through team building skills, leadership, and coaching.
- Improve accommodation operations through metrics, customer service, software applications, and interviewing.
- Develop and enhance food services through menu planning, purchasing, storage, food production, sanitation and food safety, and marketing.
- Hospitality coordinator
- Guest relations coordinator
- Front desk agent
- Food and beverage coordinator
Why choose this certificate?
Hospitality and tourism management training will introduce you to essential functions such as catering, corporate dining room management, front- and back-of-the-house operations, and housekeeping, while also teaching you management of inventory, labor, hospitality, occupancy, property, special events, and revenue reporting.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a