The social media marketing certificate is designed to help students improve their knowledge and skills in social media marketing to prepare them for an entry-level job or internship in the digital marketing field.
This introductory certificate is offered by both BYU-Idaho and Ensign College, with
- Ensign College: For students who completed PathwayConnect but never enrolled in an online degree program. (Click
hereto view the Ensign College version of this certificate.)
- BYU-Idaho: Students who did not participate in or complete PathwayConnect, or students who are currently enrolled in an online degree program through BYU-Idaho. (The information below is related to the BYU-Idaho version of this certificate.)
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Create and manage content for advertising and marketing purposes for various social media channels.
- Create various content on social media channels that is engaging and relevant to a company’s mission, audience, and objectives.
- Create, engage with, and build brand loyalty within a social media community.
- Improve the effectiveness of social media content and campaigns using analytical and research tools.
- Social media coordinator
- Social media specialist
- Social media analyst
- Social media content writer
Why choose this certificate?
Specializing in social media marketing will help you learn to produce quality content and campaigns, coordinate with clients, build brands, and drive site traffic and engagement. You’ll also practice using tracking tools and evaluating analytics to make data-driven decisions for a variety of social media platforms.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a