The social media marketing certificate prepares students for a career in social media. Through the certificate, students improve their knowledge and skills in social media marketing and will be prepared for their first job or internship in the field of social media.
This introductory certificate is offered by both Ensign College and BYU-Idaho, with
- Ensign College: For students who completed PathwayConnect but never enrolled in an online degree program. (The information below is related to the Ensign College version of this certificate.)
- BYU-Idaho: Students who did not participate in or complete PathwayConnect, or students who are currently enrolled in an online degree program through BYU-Idaho. (Click
to view the BYU-Idaho version of this certificate.) here
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Create and manage content for advertising and marketing purposes for various social media channels.
- Create various content on social media channels that is engaging and relevant to a company’s mission, audience, and objectives.
- Create, engage with, and build brand loyalty within a social media community.
- Improve the effectiveness of social media content and campaigns using analytical and research tools.
Social media continues to be an effective tool for marketing and advertising. Companies are eager to hire people to help lead out on their campaigns. Students who successfully complete the social media marketing certificate are encouraged to apply for the following positions:
Why choose this certificate?
Specializing in social media marketing will help you learn to produce quality content and campaigns, coordinate with clients, build brands, and drive site traffic and engagement. You’ll also practice using tracking tools and evaluating analytics to make data-driven decisions for a variety of social media platforms.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a