The agribusiness management certificate is designed to provide students with skills that will enhance employment and small business opportunities in the food and fiber industry, namely management of: food production, manufacturing, processing, marketing, distribution, finance, and value chain.
This certificate is offered by BYU-Idaho, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Create business plans that demonstrate an understanding of the impact of the global agribusiness industry on small enterprises.
- Create and share a vision within an organization through group dynamics, active listening, delegation, planning, and articulating complex ideas.
- Increase profitability of an organization through analyzing the international agricultural value chain.
- Construct and analyze enterprise budgets, financial statements, and perform feasibility analyses to mitigate risk.
- Perform financial transaction analysis, utilize double-entry cash accounting methods, value non-current assets, create income statements, owner equity, balance sheets, and cash flows.
- Bookkeeper/clerical/micro lender
- Human resource manager
- Marketing and sales
- Processing & distribution manager
- Production agricultural manager
Why choose this certificate?
The agribusiness management certificate provides you with training and expertise in manufacturing, processing, finance management, and marketing needed for an agribusiness management position. It will also give you leadership, organization, delegation, planning, teamwork and coordination skills to qualify you for opportunities in this field.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a