Pathway - Kitekei'aho Family
Pathway - Kitekei'aho Family
Pathway - Kitekei'aho Family
Financial Aid
> ... Financial Aid

BYU-Pathway Worldwide offers access to and accepts various forms of financial aid, depending on a variety of factors.


The availability of and types of scholarships vary based on a student's enrollment status. Select one of the menus below for more information.

Heber J. Grant Scholarship
Every student who begins a degree through the preferred path (PathwayConnect) is eligible to receive a tuition discount of 10, 25, or 50 percent off of their tuition balance. The percentage discount awarded will be determined by need.

Returned Missionary Scholarship
Any student who has returned from a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints during the past 60 months is eligible for a 25% tuition discount. (This includes missionaries who did not complete their entire mission.) This scholarship applies only to PathwayConnect courses.

Needs-based Scholarship
Students can work with an assigned mentor, who will help determine if the student is eligible for a needs-based scholarship. (This scholarship is limited to one semester during the first year of enrollment.)

Reduced Tuition
The price of tuition for students who start their degree through BYU-Pathway Worldwide’s preferred path (PathwayConnect) is significantly reduced. Reduced tuition is automatically given to every student who starts their degree through PathwayConnect — and you keep the lower cost for your entire degree program! View tuition rates.
Currently, scholarships are not available to students enrolled in an online degree program. Students may, however, search and apply for private scholarships that fit their individual needs and qualifications.
    pc_structure_weeklygatherings_photo4_lg.jpg LLP - Portuguese 3

    U.S. Federal Financial Aid

    For students in the United States, additional financial aid may be available. Students living in other countries are not eligible for U.S. federal financial aid. Select one of the menus below for more information.

    Students may qualify for U.S. federal financial aid after completing the first three semesters of their degree program (also called PathwayConnect). This is one of the reasons tuition is so low.

    After PathwayConnect, U.S. students who have a high school diploma or equivalent are eligible to apply for U.S. federal financial aid. See the "Students enrolled in a degree program" menu below.

      Degree-seeking students who are citizens of the United States may be eligible for U.S. federal student aid.
      Because the degrees offered through BYU-Pathway Worldwide are granted by and accredited through other CES institutions, each school’s ID code must be listed in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). We advise all students to list both institutional ID codes on their FAFSA in order to have access to all academic offerings available through BYU-Pathway.
      • BYU-Idaho school code (OPE ID): 001625
      • Ensign College school code (OPE ID): 003672

      Program Applicability Requirements
      Students will only receive federal financial aid for courses required for their declared credential. Pell Grants and federal student loans are funded by federal tax dollars for college students who complete the FAFSA and who have financial need. Federal regulations require that these funds are used only for courses that are required for graduation.

      If you are considering adding or dropping classes, be aware that your financial aid may be affected.
      Students who are not U.S citizens or eligible noncitizens do not qualify for any type of U.S. federal financial aid.

      Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Requirements
      To maintain federal financial aid eligibility, the U.S. Department of Education requires students to show academic progress by:
      • Maintaining a 2.0 cumulative GPA
      • Completing at least 67% of all their classes
      • Completing their program/major within 150% of the total credits required by the declared program.

      Withdrawing from a Semester
      Students who completely withdraw from a semester after they have received financial aid will likely owe funds back. The school at which the student is enrolled will calculate the amount owed.

      Types of U.S. Federal Aid available
      Federal Student Loan
      In order to get federal student loans, students need to enroll in at least six program-applicable credits per semester. (These are courses required for a student’s declared program.)

      To apply, students must complete the FAFSA. Federal student loans are awarded based upon information provided on the FAFSA as well as the number of program-applicable credits a student is registered for. Repayment is required on all federal student loans. A small origination fee will be deducted from each federal loan disbursement.

      Federal Pell Grant
      Pell Grants are usually awarded to qualifying undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree. Pell Grant amounts are determined based upon the information provided on the FAFSA as well as the number of program-applicable credits a student is registered for.

      To apply, students must complete the FAFSA. Students need to enroll in 12 or more program-applicable credits to receive the full award for a term. Some students may qualify to receive a prorated Pell Grant if they are registered in fewer than 12 program-applicable credits. Federal Pell Grants do not require repayment.